Larry is an editor, author, entrepreneur, and educator. He helps improve the performance of individuals and organizations by providing tools and processes to meet today's increasing demands.
He has extensive experience in developing personnel to recognize their opportunities to grow personally and professionally. As a personal coach he focuses people on the skills, traits, and challenges that promote personal growth, and helps them achieve their dreams.
Larry develops seminars and training programs that help profit and non-profit organizations recruit, train, and sustain thriving teams.
He held executive leadership positions in the entrepreneurial, corporate, and nonprofit venues. His varied consulting and training assignments in finance, banking, manufacturing, distribution, government, health care, insurance and service industries offer an expansive business perspective. As a change specialist, he uses a team approach to evaluate, transform, and implement quality improvement processes.
He's been actively involved as owner/operator and partner of several businesses including: education and training, recruiting, restaurants, marble products, quilting, web development and media development.
Larry earned bachelor's and master’s degrees from Boston University and Virginia Commonwealth University with emphasis in accounting, marketing, management, and information systems. He is a contributing member to the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors.
He published SOAR Without Limits - Six-steps for Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Objectives. You can buy the book at Amazon. While you are at Amazon check out Hairy's Ultimate Adventure. You'll love the story.
This website, blogs, books, and seminars are only possible with the insight and aid from several friends and co-workers. It takes a team to “Eliminate Fear and Achieve.”
The mission: To create, develop, and teach products and services that result in participants becoming increasingly productive. All team members bring a “No Excuses” philosophy to their tasks.
The SWL Media and Learning Center Team
- Mervyn Paz, - My wife, encourager, and just a darn good friend. She edits and proofreads my stream of consciousness. I depend on her insight and feedback to keep me on track.
- Michael Piazza - My collaborator, writing partner, designer of video, audio, book covers and websites.
- Tom Davies - Illustrates my words.
- Master the Possibilities - My students and fellow leaders who help me stay the course.
The Appalachian Team
The impetus for SOAR Without Limits, a life skill process, came from my team at Appalachian Technical College. I am grateful to each of the following team members for their candor and devotion to the SOAR six-step process:
- Nancy Proffitt - President - the inspiration for the project.
- Rhonda Lindsey - Project Administrator, and Instructor
- Brandy Gephardt - Course Designer and Instructor of the original course called “Forging Ahead”.
- Steve and Angie Byrd-Abrams - Students who transitioned to Program Counsellors and Instructors.
- Caroline Laur-Long - Coastal Training Sales Representative who helped us create a computer-based version of the course.